San Rafael Healthcare, Inc complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. San Rafael Healthcare, Inc does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
San Rafael Healthcare, Inc:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact John Farias, Civil Rights Coordinator.
If you believe that San Rafael Healthcare, Inc has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: John Farias, Civil Rights Coordinator, 17890 Blanco Rd, Suite 205, San Antonio, TX 78258, (210) 255-1466, (210) 255-1488, email@example.com.
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, John Farias, Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
- Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act Grievance Procedure
It is the policy of San Rafael Healthcare, Inc not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. San Rafael Healthcare, Inc has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. § 18116) and its implementing regulations at 45 C.F.R. pt. 92, issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Section 1557 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in certain health programs and activities. Section 1557 and its implementing regulations may be examined in the office of John Farias, Administrator, 17890 Blanco Rd, Suite 205, San Antonio, TX 78232, (210) 255-1466, (210) 255-1488, firstname.lastname@example.org, who has been designated to coordinate the efforts of San Rafael healthcare, Inc to comply with Section 1557.
Any person who believes someone has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability may file a grievance under this procedure. It is against the law for San Rafael Healthcare, Inc to retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a grievance, or participates in the investigation of a grievance.
- Grievances must be submitted to the Section 1557 Coordinator within (60 days) of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it. The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Section 1557 Coordinator (or her/his designee) shall conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint. The Section 1557 Coordinator will maintain the files and records of San Rafael Healthcare, Inc relating to such grievances. To the extent possible, and in accordance with applicable law, the Section 1557 Coordinator will take appropriate steps to preserve the confidentiality of files and records relating to grievances and will share them only with those who have a need to know.
- The Section 1557 Coordinator will issue a written decision on the grievance, based on a preponderance of the evidence, no later than 30 days after its filing, including a notice to the complainant of their right to pursue further administrative or legal remedies.
- The person filing the grievance may appeal the decision of the Section 1557 Coordinator by writing to the Board of Directors within 15 days of receiving the Section 1557 Coordinator’s decision. The Board of Directors shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from pursuing other legal or administrative remedies, including filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in court or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights.
A person can file a complaint of discrimination electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201
- Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination.
San Rafael Healthcare, Inc will make appropriate arrangements to ensure that individuals with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency are provided auxiliary aids and services or language assistance services, respectively, if needed to participate in this grievance process. Such arrangements may include, but are not limited to, providing qualified interpreters, providing taped cassettes of material for individuals with low vision, or assuring a barrier-free location for the proceedings. The Section 1557 Coordinator will be responsible for such arrangements.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia linguística. Llame al 1-210-255-1466.
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-210-255-1466.
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-210-255-1466 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغویة تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم 1- رقم. 1-210-255-1466:والبكم الصم ھ
خبردار: اگر آپ اردو بولتے ہیں، تو آپ کو زبان کی مدد کی خدمات مفت میں دستیاب ہیں ۔ کال کریں 1-210-255-1466
PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 1-210-255-1466
ATTENTION : Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-210-255-1466
ध्यान द: यद आप हदी बोलते ह तो आपके िलए मुफ्त म भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध ह।1-210-255-1466 पर कॉल कर।
توجھ: اگر بھ زبان فارسی گفتگو می کنید، تسھیلات زبانی بصورت رایگان برای شما فراھم می باشد. با ) 1-210-255-1466 تماس بگیرید.
ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 1-210-255-1466.
ચુ ના: જો તમેજરાતી બોલતા હો, તો િન:લ્કુ ભાષા સહાય સેવાઓ તમારા માટઉપલબ્ધ છ. ફોન કરો 1-210-255-1466.
ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-210-255-1466.
ໂປດຊາບ: ຖ້າວ່າ ທ່ານເວົ້າພາສາ ລາວ, ການບໍລິການຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອດ້ານພາສາ, ໂດຍບໍ່ເສັຽຄ່າ, ແມ່ນມີພ້ອມໃຫ້ທ່ານ. ໂທຣ 1-210-255-1466.